Old 29-12-2010, 11:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Merry Yule-tide Season

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Dan L" wrote in message

Again this is my neighbors, jealous here, his stove is almost new. Does
not
use it during summer, way to hot. Nice item.

Why do you consider it to be a "nice item". I'm asking from the point of
view of a rural housewife who's installed 3 woodburning cookers in 3 houses
over 30 years and who looks for particular things when I buy and install
them (in other words, this is a test of your knowledge of wood burning
stoves :-)))))

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Stoves_...e___1903?Args=

I use propane for heat and cooking. If propane doubles or triples again
over the next few years, I may have to do without some things I like. I do
have some wooded areas on my land. Even if I got a geothermal heating
system, I will still want something to cook with if propane went sky high.
So a wood cooking stove would be a nice item to have that could also heat
the home.

If your thinking from a different perspective. It has a hot water resevor
with a side spigot. The bun warmer on top is great for sourdough breads.
Sourdough starters need mid to upper 70 degrees for bread to rise. I do not
keep my home that warm during winter, about 69 max. So I only make
sourdoughs during summer. Winter is better for tempering chocolate thou. So
for now I dream. Consumerism is bad thing

The drawback wood is the extra work. As I get older it gets harder.