Old 29-12-2010, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Saving rain water

On Dec 27, 9:55*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
I have filled 2 trash cans with rain water, and could have filled two
more! *Also assorted buckets and other receptacles. * We have had some
great rains here in So. Calif. coastal, after several years of almost
no rain. *It's only end December, and the rainy season theoretically
lasts from Nov. to March, but these days who knows..

Question: *To keep the water barrels from getting scummy or worse, I'm
thinking of adding bleach -- not enough to render the water dangerous
to plants, but enough to keep it safe.

How much per 32 gal. trash can would fill that bill?

TIA

HB

Please, if anybody has had experience, would you share it? Tx

HB