Old 29-12-2010, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Am I the only one who hates Christmas?

In message , Baz
writes
harry wrote in
:

Hah. We throw away virtually nothing. My wife has a shopping list.
You see people going round the stores just chucking things in the
basket at random. Clueless!
If we get low on an item at home she has a list on the wall. The only
extras we might buy are non-perishable BOGOFs &c.
Peelings go on compost, birds get scraps, still got veg out of the
garden too.

harry,
What are BOGOFs &c ?

You are lucky to still get veg out of your garden.

ALL my hardy(winter) veg are rotting or rotten, even parsnip.

Yes chucking things in the basket at random...done that.
But I was a very young uninformed father then and it took my mother in the
supermarket to educate me about the ins and outs of it all.

How can you tell if someone is chucking stuff in at random, are you mind
readers.

I don't normally carry a list around with me (though sometimes have one
in the pocket to check if I'm getting lots of stuff), but I'm still
there looking for specific items.

Though mostly I shop online for groceries nowadays, so supermarket
visits are generally to to top up with stuff.
--
Chris French