Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
kush

Default Sagittaria & Vallisneria

LeighMo wrote ...

...turn off half the lights. Two 65W bulbs will be plenty over this tank.

Well, two 65's plus the strip light, maybe. I found my 75 gallon was too
dim with 160 watts over it (4 x 40 watt) even before I added CO2.

...Lowering the pH by other means is useless.

Much, much, much worse than useless if those products contain phosphates!
If you're proposing to fire-up 4.5 watts per gallon over a solution of
phosphates and nitrates, you had best be standing by with the scrapers and
scouring pads because you are going to be able to watch that algae growing!

Don't sweat the pH too much. My 75 gallon is steady at between 7.4 and 7.5
with three soda bottles of CO2 and 220 watts of lighting. The plants are
flourishing and need to be pruned back weekly, and I have happy, healthy
angelfish. You'll only really need to bring your pH down under 7 if you
want to breed your angels.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"