Old 30-12-2010, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default temperatures; max/min

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I have just been in my garden to look at my Max/Min thermometer.
Minimum has been -12 and Max, this morning, is +8 or 9.
What have others recorded?
Everything looks very sad and I need to get out with secateurs and a
sack!

Pam in Bristol

I don't have a max/min thermometer but I do see the effects of the icy
conditions. A concrete path laid 6 years ago(in bays of about 4 ft) had one
section lift about 1.2 inch during the coldest spell, but now the thaw has
started, it has descended to it's proper place. A few concrete blocks have
"blown" out by the freezeing conditions, they will have to be replaced at
some time.

Bill