Old 30-12-2010, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Tomato Support Idea (notat home)

I think most commercial farmers grow determinate plants. I grow
indeterminate plants which get much bigger. When these load up with
fruit, they can become quite heavy and good support is needed. I have
heard of the tee pee method but never gave it a try. Seems like it
should work quite well also. The reason I want to drive my stakes a
foot or more into the ground is because of high winds we get during
thunder storms in our area. That wind can really do a number on the
garden plants. I always prune my tomato plants so none of the leaves
ever touch the ground.

Rich