Old 30-12-2010, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Bread Sauce

mogga wrote in
:

We have tons of birds too and a lot of cats.
I think the hedges help. Although the 6+ blackbirds do tend to run
round like they're on the benny hill show sometimes...

The tits and sparrows tend to only appear for limited times so I
assume they've got a big network of feeding places. The blackbirds
lurk almost constantly.

We have had a flock of seagulls before xmas but I think they're gone
now.

We had seagulls too and they were so bloody greedy. Took everything that
were put out for inland garden birds. Whole slices of bread and failed
Yorkshire puds I tried. And what a din. But they have to live too.

Everything on the bird table is untouched sadly.

The birds have had it bad this year i'm sure of that.

The blackbirds just hang around under trees in shelter never bothering with
the scraps or berries we put out for them, but we do hear them as well
sometimes. Never seen it like this before.

On the bright side I think lots of pests namely black/green/whitefly will
die. I have had lots of whitefly problems this year. Maybe thats why me
brassicas did not survive the mini ice age of late.

Take care and a happy new year.
Baz