Old 30-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Doghouse Riley's Avatar
Doghouse Riley Doghouse Riley is offline
Registered User

Well, I like soaker hoses and I installed a system this year using an old Hoselock water meter I had, so I can regulate how much water I put on the long border of my garden. I've a supply that goes from this dedicated tap below our kitchen window under the patio and up behind my koi pool waterfall to where the soaker hose is connected.

This has two Hoselock three way valves in it so I can water any combination from one to three sections at a time.

But my greatest indulgence were the "pop up" sprinklers I installed in my lawn using "speedfit" pipe and connectors, for a total outlay of around fifty quid.

It then rained for about three months!

Needless to say, I'm not on a water meter!
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners!
I don't like 'em myself! They're pretty bad.
I grieve over them on long winter evenings."