Old 31-12-2010, 09:07 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
This afternoon after work a decided to check the pond as the ice
has almost completely melted and as I counted my six goldfish, I
then noticed four frogs on the bottom of the pond, two large ones
and two small ones, I don't know the difference between male and
female but maybe I'll get frogspawn in the spring,
Female frogs tend to be larger than males - but of course some of the small frogs are just immature - they take several years to get to full size. In spring, the females are the ones at the bottom of the heaps ;-)

Only a proportion of frogs over winter in the pool - a lot overwinter on land. So if you have some in the pond,, you'll get a lot joining them in the spring.