Old 31-12-2010, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Won't Use Soaker Hoses Again This Season

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:52:37 +0000, Doghouse Riley
wrote:

Well, I like soaker hoses and I installed a system this year using an
old Hoselock water meter I had, so I can regulate how much water I put
on the long border of my garden. I've a supply that goes from this
dedicated tap below our kitchen window under the patio and up behind my
koi pool waterfall to where the soaker hose is connected.

[image: http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7012/p1020996o.jpg]

This has two Hoselock three way valves in it so I can water any
combination from one to three sections at a time.

[image: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/487/p1030009o.jpg]

But my greatest indulgence were the "pop up" sprinklers I installed in
my lawn using "speedfit" pipe and connectors, for a total outlay of
around fifty quid.

[image: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7913/p1020994q.jpg]

It then rained for about three months!

Needless to say, I'm not on a water meter!

Excellent! Nice set up. Lovely garden... thanks for the pictures.

I'll add for those who don't know that there are several grades of
soaker hose, better quality soaker hose lasts for many years and does
not waste water. With soaker hose timers and sufficient volume at the
correct pressure are important.