Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Default Sagittaria & Vallisneria

Another thing about this new light (Coral Life 4 x 65), it only casts
a lot of light to the back of the tank while the front gets less than
it used to. I would say the light from this fixture is much more
"focused" than regular tubes. Would you agree with this? Leigh,
looking at your web site and reading you tank specs, it sounds like
you have 2 CF fixtures with 2 bulbs each. Is that correct. Your tank
looks so bright! Mine is bright, just not like yours is bright. If I
take this CF light back and get two fixtures with 2 tubes each, I
believe that would distribute the light better. What do you think?
Also, how many of you use the "standard" glass tops like from
All-Glass?

Thanks for reading all the ranting, I just want to get my lighting
like it should/needs to be.

Thanks,
Jesse

tose (LeighMo) wrote in message ...
Well, two 65's plus the strip light, maybe. I found my 75 gallon was too
dim with 160 watts over it (4 x 40 watt) even before I added CO2.

My 75 gallon tank was fine with 2x65W. Very low plants, like glosso and
lilaeopsis, have done better since I doubled the lighting. But he's trying to
grow Sag and Val. Those are moderate-light plants, and will thrive with only
130w.

Leigh