Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Reg Sherwood

Default substrate information overload

Hi,

I am trying to find out what a decent medium is for a substrate... and with
ALL of the web sites out there I am having information overload. My goal is
to maintain a 35 gl freshwater community tank, containing both fish and
plants. So, here is the substrate I am contemplating on using:

For the base, Flourite Plant Substrate combined with sand / small gravel
(about a 50/50 mixture). This will be layered to about 2 inches in depth.
On top of this will be a layer of fine sandblasting sand (hopefully I can
find black).. about an inch in depth. Can anyone offer any suggestions for
improvements?

Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks

Reg