Old 01-01-2011, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default temperatures; max/min

In message , hugh
] writes
In message , Bill Grey
writes

I'm a bit late entering this thread, but haveing done a bit of Googlong I
found this site:-

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/hom...e/common-winte
r-boiler-enquiries

Having viewed the video contained therein, I see that my condensate pipe
is
22mm - not the recommended 32mm, nor is it lagged. It is an external pipe.
The installers were BRITISH GAS. I wonder if they've been properly
trained
?

Bill

When was it installed?

My system was installed about two yeaers ago - the mention of the 32mm pipe
was in the video on the Worcester.Bosch website mentioned above.

Bill

The question is whether it did at the time of your installation. If it
did then I would suggest you ask BGAS why it was not installed in
accordance with manufacturers instructions.

Just to follow this up, I've dug out the installation manual from 3
years ago. It is a little more ambiguous. 22mm provided it is wrapped in
weather protection or you could (not should) use 32mm unwrapped.

It does however stipulate that if it runs into a gully it should
terminate below ground level but above the water.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha