Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Moose

Default substrate information overload

"Reg Sherwood" wrote in
:

Hi,

I am trying to find out what a decent medium is for a substrate... and
with ALL of the web sites out there I am having information overload.
My goal is to maintain a 35 gl freshwater community tank, containing
both fish and plants. So, here is the substrate I am contemplating on
using:

For the base, Flourite Plant Substrate combined with sand / small
gravel (about a 50/50 mixture). This will be layered to about 2
inches in depth. On top of this will be a layer of fine sandblasting
sand (hopefully I can find black).. about an inch in depth. Can
anyone offer any suggestions for improvements?

Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks

Reg

3" of gravel/sand? That seems like an awful lot to me.