Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Weather

On 1 Jan 2011 19:17:12 GMT, wrote:

Paul Luton wrote:
Coldest December for over a hundred years. I put it down to global
warming

Coldest December in UK ! Yes it might well be a side effect of global
warming.

Apparently if it really is a side-effect of the ice-caps melting diverting
the gulf stream away from us, it's going to do a lot more harm to the
country's climate and weather system than we're currently seeing. :-/

I gather it wasn't so much the gulf stream (sea) being diverted that
affected us last month but the Jet Stream (air) which pushed far more
arctic air further south.

Pam in Bristol