Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weather

In message , hugh
] writes
In message ,
writes
Paul Luton wrote:
Coldest December for over a hundred years. I put it down to global
warming
Coldest December in UK ! Yes it might well be a side effect of global
warming.

Apparently if it really is a side-effect of the ice-caps melting diverting
the gulf stream away from us, it's going to do a lot more harm to the
country's climate and weather system than we're currently seeing. :-/

AIUI the perceived threat is that the gulf stream will just stop

That's one. Another is that the absence of sea ice in the Kara and
Barents Seas produces high-pressure systems that direct cold air over
northern Eurasia and Canada.

But last month may just be a result of weather, and nothing to do with
climate change.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley