Old 03-01-2011, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default So, does ivy really choke trees?

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:21:51 +0000 (GMT), JTM

In article , Sacha
On 2011-01-03 00:03:58 +0000, "Donnie"
said:

JTM wrote:

In article
,
Donnie wrote:
We've never had
Spelling mistake I think - it's not 'had' it's 'seen'

rats here though, nor has the one grey squirrel that
does live across the fence ever come in the garden:-)

Nooooo it's had, I was writing in English, what were
you reading?

I think the reply was intended to indicate that you
haven't *seen* rats, not that you haven't *had* rats
there.

Exactly. (but perhaps there should have been a smiley) ;-(
I haven't seen a rat (or any dormice, shrews, foxes or housemice) for
ages, but I know they are around John

This, thank goodness, is a largely smiley-free newsgroup.

--
Mike.