Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default So lonely...

In article ,
Mysterious Traveler wrote:

On 01/02/2011 02:27 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:48 am, "Don wrote:
Summary execution.

It seems nobody is noticing that Assange is not a U.S. Citizen, so
cannot be held to have committed treason against the U.S.

HB

He played a stupid game he should have known was unwinnable.
He should have known what he was doing was wrong.

What was he thinking?

Did he think he was going to be a hero and get ticker tape parades in
his honor?

What Assange did is no different than what the N.Y. Times, Le Monde in
France, El Pais in Spain, The Guardian in Britain and Der Spiegel in
Germany did. He passes along information. He didn't steal it.

As for the person who gave the information to Wikileaks, they may have
felt morally obligated to let fellow citizens know how our tax supported
government was behaving. Personally, I am grateful to that person
whoever they are.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/12/29/allan_nairn_as_us_loses_its
Brookings Institution last year estimated that for every one militant,
as they put it, killed in Pakistan, the U.S. drones kill 10 civilians.
General Michael Hayden, former head of the CIA, also the National
Security Agency, also former director of National Intelligence, said
that our default position is to kill our adversaries, referring to the
use of the drones. Harold Koh, who¹s the legal adviser for the Justice
Department, earlier this year at a State Department briefing on the
results of the review conference on the International Criminal Court,
described the international legal environment that the U.S. had helped
shape. And he said this: "No U.S. national can be prosecuted for
aggression. We ensure total protection to our American forces and other
nationals going forward." So, in that situation, the U.S. defines who
the adversaries is. The default U.S. position is to kill the adversary.
When you kill the adversary, you kill 10 civilians. What are the
survivors, the loved ones of those civilians, supposed to do, when the
international legal system is rigged so that there is no peaceful
redress, so they have no place to go? It¹s unjustified. It¹s terrorism
by the U.S. law¹s own definition.
- ALLAN NAIRN

Bring our boys and girls home, NOW.
--