Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default So lonely...

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Don Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...
Summary execution.

Why?

Is that the punishment for the charges he faces? If not, are just you
putting in an opinion about the punishment you think Manning should face?

On July 5, Bradley Manning was charged under the Uniform Code of
Military Justice for transferring classified data onto his personal
computer and communicating national defense information to an
unauthorized source between November 19, 2009 and May 27, 2010.

He wasn't charged with aiding an abetting an enemy. Actually, I think he
hurt the "enemy", depending, of course, on who we call the "enemy". I
don't include Bradley Manning among them.

Privacy is history. What makes the governments of the world think they
should have privacy when no law exist for the privacy concerns of it's
citizens. The so called theory of : The governments job to is protect the
people? Or is it to help government officials to hide from their crimes.

I will support the governments privacy concerns when I can also legally
encode my own communications in which is next to impossible to listen in
on. I do not buy the argument "For the protection of its citizens". 9/11
communication interceptions never helped it's citizens.

As for the soldier, he did break the law in which he was hired for and
deserves his prison time. However, he should be treated humanely, what ever
that is. Is he a martyr, perhaps, the jury is still out.

Jeez, et tu Bruté? The jury is not out, it hasn't been constituted or
seated. Manning hasn't been tried except in the minds of those who have
prejudged him. Let him have his day in court first, OK?
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw