Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Property Line Looks Like A Jungle

"EVP MAN" wrote in message

Living right in the middle of town, most of the neighbors are
respectful of one another. That is all except the neighbor who's
property joins mine to the east. He has huge trees that hang way over
the boundary and the leaves block up the down spouts on my rain gutters.
He has all kinds of bushes planted right up against the line also. They
hang over on my side so far that it's really hard to mow my lawn. Looks
like one solid mass or a jungle as I call it. You have to try and duck
under them or get slapped in the face or even worse, stuck with briars
while mowing. If you say anything to him about trimming them, he says:
not the right time of the year to trim that bush! Or, these trees and
bushes were planted long before you bought your house! He did help out
a bit with the problem. He moved his landscape timbers about 6" over
the line onto my side so his jungle don't appear to hang over quite as
far. I thought that was rather nice of him......Grrrrrrr! My small lot
is only 1/5 acre. His property is 1 acre. I don't have one single
plant on that boundary at all so he can't complain I'm doing the same
thing! He does have a long stretch of clothes line on his side about 8
foot away from the line that his wife uses a couple times a week to dry
clothes. Perhaps I will plant about 3 trees or so very close to the
border. Cherry trees! Does this sound like a plan or what? LOL

Rich

Why don't you just prune the growth that crosses over your property line
like the rest of the world? Jeez! Hire lawyers! Hire a surveyor! Spend
money! Fight! Go on Jerry Springer, why don't you?