Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant to garden ?

davidb wrote:
Do you know what is the plant on the photo ? Where can I get it ?

http://tinyurl.com/33zbnwl

It's a feijoa in flower, also known as a pineapple guava. Usually grown for
its fruit although it makes a nice hedge and as you see the flowers are
cute.

I could give you the names of some nurseries that supply it but not knowing
where in the world you are this might not be much use.

And what with a low temperature. Is it durable below -10 ?

It's hard to say as the question is not clear. It will cope with fairly
hard frost overnight, say -5C. I don't know if it will survive -10C. I
think it unlikely it will survive -10F or extended freezing.

Where are you, what is your winter like?

David