Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Property Line Looks Like A Jungle

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:36:31 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:
A jug of RoundUp... problem solved.

I had an old neighbor who did that to his neighbor. A tree sprayer asked the
victom what happened to the shrubs, and notified the state EPA, who came out and
tested the shrubs, then had a talk with the old man.

Do you honestly think anyone believes your just now made up fairytale,
were it true you'd have offered it way upthread... why do so many on
usenet have to behave like they're still acting out their drunken one
upmanship BS like when they're still sucking down cheap suds at their
favorite watering hole. Btw, the EPA is Federal: http://epa.gov/

Homeowners have a right to eliminate whatever grows over their
property line, unless restricted by laws governing wetlands, etc. This
is a perfect case of wussiness, the OP had a spine, after requesting
cooperation from the neighbor and being greeted with hardnosed
refusal, he'd be out there trimming the offending growth and tossing
it whence it came, the neighbor's side. Every municipality in the US
has laws governing property line encroachment and set backs... the
information for each particular community is very likely on line
(county by county and state by state) and certainly available at the
town clerk's office. Everywhere I've ever lived one could not legally
plant anything or erect any structure (including fences) within so
many feet of the property lines. However people ignore property line
laws (same as all laws) all the time but that in no way alters
neighbor's rights. Many times neighbors agree to erect a fence or
grow a hedge right on the property line and that works so long as one
or the other doesn't sell. In this present case I'm positive that the
answer to the over growth question is readily available for free by a
simple phone call to the town clerk/town attorney. A homeowner would
be embarassed to ask such a question in public, makes me doubt the OP
is the property owner, more a question posed by a tenant.