Old 04-01-2011, 07:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Property Line Looks Like A Jungle (Billy)

On 1/4/2011 8:59 AM, EVP MAN wrote:

Well Billy, as far as income goes, I 'm also on a fixed income as I'm
retired and living on social security. He is much better off than
myself money wise. His home is a big duplex with a rental unit, he has
all kinds of investments, social security, big pension from where he
worked plus paid medical insurance from that employer also. I have SS
and that's it. He's in much better health also. I have asthma, heart
problems and can only walk for a few minutes before sitting down awhile.
This is why I took up gardening. It's something I can do here at home
at my own pace. I can no longer hunt or fish which I loved to do.
Think I'll just cut his jungle off that over hangs my side and throw the
debris over on his side for him to deal with. ............... Rich

Not exactly the same situation but I have a neighbor your age that's in
about the same physical situation but still works. His back grows
completely wild. I'm older and retired but in better shape and have no
problem with this as I have bushes and trees on my side and just trim as
necessary. We get along fine. A few years ago he had a tree fall into
my back yard in the winter and I called and told them since they
probably could not see it from the house. They got a son to remove it
and I discovered later that they probably did not have to do this as it
was an act of God on my property. Point is you don't want to fight with
neighbor. Maybe he'll loan you truck to cart of debris.