Old 05-01-2011, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Still missing Geoff Hamilton

On 05/01/2011 10:09, Compo in Caithness wrote:
Although he died about 14yrs ago I still miss genial Geoff Hamilton.
He always spoke with great enthusiasm directly to YOU and inspired
confidence in all of us, enabling us to achieve what we had
previously thought impossible. He broke gardening down into simple,
easy to grasp chunks, that even the least green-fingered of us could
understand and put into practice.

Anyone remember his carry-cot cold frame, made from a cardboard box
painted white with a clear plastic cover? This device used to come
out at the start of every season, showing us how inexpensive gardening
can be if approached his way.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness

Entirely agree! I watched every programme and hung on every word ..
every word was valuable. He was a true gardener's gardener, but also
new how to make gardening simple for the non-gardener. I pine for his
cheery commonsense gardening every year, but he's irreplaceable.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London