Old 05-01-2011, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default OT Lonely Higgs DoucheBoson...

Amos Nomore wrote:
In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Jan 5, 7:25 am, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
Higgs OT DOUCHEBAG Boson wrote:

"D. Staples" wrote:

Aiding and abetting the enemy in time of war

Get your spam out of here please

Spam????

OT, Douchebag/Doucheboson!!!!

This NG does seem to attract a certain number of "high culture"
posters like our friend, here.

Since I don't visit a lot of NGs, does anyone who travels more widely
happen to know whether we have an (undeservedg) percentage of "high
culture" posters?

Inquiring minds...

HB

The glitterati/philistine ratio here seems fairly typical for a usenet
group.

Very typical. My reasoning: usenet is older than the hills, older than the
web. Many on the usenet are older computer professionals. Younger computer
professionals out there tend to know nothing about usenet. Like most here
they had University accounts where usenet was common for sharing knowledge.
Usenet is now waining on it's last legs, going the way of the Dodo bird. It
is also typical for people that have University degrees in the Sciences,
Engineering and Liberal Arts will be more than likely be Liberal. If your
here, like minds TEND to think alike.

The busiest newsgroup that I have wander onto is the the "sci.physics"
newsgroup. They still can get a thousand postings per day. Some famous
people do login to usenet. Science fiction writers tend to hang out in "sf"
areas which also gets allot of postings.