Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
kush

Default Adding plants to existing aquarium ?'s

I have two six inch pl*cos in my 75 gallon. They eat half of every single
new leaf on my anubias as it comes out. Other than that, they do such an
excellent job on the algae and debris, that I have to tolerate their
occasional naughtiness.

kush

Rob M. wrote in message
I am planning to try to move into the planted aquarium world. (slowly). I
have a couple beginning questions. I have a nice thick layer of fine
gravel, so I don't want to dig it out and throw it away and replace with
flourite, which might be ideal. Is realistically possible to add laterite
to my gravel? I know it is suppose to be on the bottom layer. Can I do
that without emptying my entire tank?

My other question is can you have a planted tank with a large (not giant)
common pleco? They tend to plow things over. It is a 55 gallon tank.

Thanks for you experiences.
Rob