Old 05-01-2011, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Shoes for gardening

On Jan 5, 12:30*pm, chris French
wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

Some years ago i had some really good Chris Brasher Town and country
ladies shoes/boots which were fabulous for gardening being quite stiff
and with lots of support for the ankles with a high back. They were
good because they weren't soft and flimsy and lasted ages but as in all
things they stopped making them and substituted them with shoes rather
than the boots/

They kept my feet dry and I could wiggle my toes in them yet the toe
was protected, good for my stony flinty clay. The soles were thick as
well and the leather was really waterproof/

Can't seem to find as good pair any more, i don't actually want HUGE
boots but again i don't want goretex pliable .

Anyone got a line they might recommend?

not directly, but you might want to look at work boots/shoes they move
on a bit and there is *more variety in styles and comfort from the old
black leather steel toecapped boots.

A couple of links to get you going

http://www.ebrookes.co.uk/footwear

http://www.greenham.com/c/se/1145/Footwear
--
Chris French- Hide quoted text -

I'd second that, I've been looking at some shoes in this catalogue

http://www.axminster.co.uk/?sessionI...fd89e1dc283 7.

Don't forget these are protective shoes and as such are free of VAT
so great value.

Rod