Old 06-01-2011, 12:29 PM
mphayden mphayden is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

Thanks for your input, both. Looks like more research is necessary. Yes, when i get back i will check out some garden centres again... there wasn't much around when i was there last time though (mainly small clumping varieties). Can anyone suggest a less aggressive runner which might get to 5 metres for the climate mentioned above? I accept that for the job i need my bamboo to do, i might just have to line the thing.

I am looking to generate a dense hedge 15m x 4m x 3 or 4m high, which will be contained on one side by an existing field hedge and can be managed on the other with no need for lining. I am assuming that apart from the lining and the issue of how tall the thing gets depending on my location, that the bissetti is otherwise a reasonable choice?

I do appreciate that this might be asking too much but hey.. this is what the forum is for! Any comments welcome and thanks again.