Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Seed Potatoes: 2 questions

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

Vicky wrote...

Bob Hobden wrote:
So far Victoria (MC) has passed the test as has Kestrel (SE), and Mayan
Twilight proved excellent for saut? and as a salad, but still looking
for a
good early or two and a red maincrop although Romano did well a couple of
years ago but we couldn't find any "seed" last year.

We had BellaRosa a few years ago, and they were absolutely lovely,
especially when roasted. But we've not been able to find them again.

Looks like it isn't going to be available this year either....
http://www.charlton-park.co.uk/potatoes.html

It's coming up to the time of year for the various Potato Days held in
mainly rural areas. FWIW there's the 4th Annual Potato Day at Drimpton,
West Dorset on Saturday 12th February 2011.... that's between Chard and
Beaminster (SatNav DT8 3RF).... 1030 - 1530.

If this is considered spam I apologise - not meant to be. If you're into
spuds these days are excellent and very interesting. There will b. c. 70
types of seed potatoes available along with expert help/advice.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!