Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Shoes for gardening

In article
,
Judith in France writes
Janet, I have always found gold leather mule slippers the very best of
gardening attire, no, I'm not joking, I have many relics mud encrusted
laying outside, wonderful things :-)

I wonder what kind of animal has gold leather for skin? I did buy a
pair of those cloggies the other day for nipping out to get the logs in
etc. Much better than my normal slippers which Tom used to tell me off
for wearing and then coming in with them wet or muddy !

Saw a programme about real clogs and thought they might be useful, I did
used to garden in Wood soled Scholls at one time. They seemed easy
enough and I can wash my feet easier than washing shoes
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph