Old 06-01-2011, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Central Heating failure

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 13:15:54 +0100, Martin wrote:

You'll often find them near ports and marinas because yotties need

them.

The only one in Whitby has gone. Next time a Russian sail training ship
arrives with weeks of filthy clothing what will they do?

I would expect a sail training ship to be big enough to have a
washing machine, a 20 or 30' yacht not...

In my days of Marine Electrical Engineering, I was called to a massive yacht
in Cowes Harbour for Cowes week. 'We don't have any hot water. We have had
the Immersion heater on for hours'

I started asking a few questions on the facilities and the whereabouts of
everything on the boat, such as the fuse/circuit breaker board. 'We don't
know, we have only chartered the boat for Cowes Week'

It ended up that whilst they had a 240 v AC Immersion heater fitted, there
was no 240 v AC Generator fitted and could only be used on Shore Supply, IF
the power supply was suitable.

We used to get a lot of grottie yachties in for 'Ceeowes Week don't know
know' :-((

Didn't know their Sacrificial Anode from their Baggywrinkles, just as many
of them don't :-((

Mike