Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default The spring is sprung?

When we had the "Big Thaw" and the temp went up to 50f here outside
Swansea the birds were singing their heads off but the last few days
they have calmed down, and I thought that they had realised the error
of their ways, but today comming away from Tesco I was stoped at
trafic lights and looked at a hedge at the side of House by the road,
I thought that the mass of twigs looked strange, then a Magpie flew in
with yet another twig and inserted it, fussed around with some of the
twigs before flying off for more, so thats one bird well into nest
building.
Does it know something we don't?
David