Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Identity of Spanish Plant, please?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:02:55 -0000, "Joan Edington"
wrote:

Many thanks, Charlie. I would never have found that in a million years. It's
good to know it's such a pretty flower and available in the UK. I don't
think one would have a hope of surviving in my part of Scotland, though. I
could almost be tempted back to the costa Brava in summer to see it, or
maybe not :-)

[...]

Charlie had written:
Joan, the plant is Aruajia sericefera, it is an evergreen climber in the
milkweed family and those fruits contain many silky seeds. Flowers are in
late summer and about 1" across pink and white with a good scent.
Can be damaged outside in the UK so needs protecting.
(Oh and the whole plant is toxic!)

Thanks for the education. I hope nobody's eaten it on the strenmgth
of my suggestion!

--
Mike.