Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default Still missing Geoff Hamilton

In message
Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
Indeed, he was wonderful but we must be fair to those who have come
after him, imo. None of these presenters do just as they wish -
they're scripted and directed and the general target audience is up to
the producers and programmers.

Indeed!! In fact I feel that until they change the production team we
aren't going to see a lot of differences in any time soon on the
gardening programmes. I wonder if a case could be made for putting out
programmes just for the Internet maybe with some advertising to pay for
it.
We could watch really in depth gardening lectures/podcasts/webinars via
computers rather than rely on what the media want us to see.

I might even subscribe to a service like that.

"The Dalmatian Telegraph"! Do I recognise a quotation from "Esprit de
corps"?

Michael Bell