Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Frost Seeding Dutch White Clover

EVP MAN wrote:

I'd like to seed some white clover into my existing lawn this year. I
will give frost seeding a try in late Feb. early March. The problem is
that clover seeds are so fine they would be hard to spread evenly by
hand. I heard about a clever way some people use to sow fine seeds and
think I'll give this a try. They simply put the seeds into a salt
shaker and shake as you go! Sounds like it should work. Has anyone
ever tried this method before and if so, what were your results?

Rich from PA zone 5-6

mix with sawdust and then use a spreader?

songbird