Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default The spring is sprung?

In message , Joan Edington
writes
EEk. I've just got back from the shops here having slipped over twice on
the ice. My other half's too stingy to pay for a barber so I have to cut his
hair. I save it all in bags and put it out for the nesting birds in the
Spring. Too early for that here by far.

Joan

Here's a product which might be of interest. I've bought a pair but must
confess I haven't tried them yet in anger I tend t wear walking boos in
winter which are good on ice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Grip-Eve...dium/dp/B002LW
DCCS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294431270&sr=8-2

Alternatively go to Amazon and search on ice grabbers. There are several
types available.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha