Old 07-01-2011, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default The spring is sprung?

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:45:02 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill wrote:

I thought that the mass of twigs looked strange, then a Magpie flew in
with yet another twig and inserted it, fussed around with some of the
twigs before flying off for more, so thats one bird well into nest
building. Does it know something we don't?

Well spring is a long way off here. The snow has gone where the
snowdrops and daffs appear but there is no sign of either. Only about
half of the big drifts have gone and tonight it's hovering around
-6C, it hasn't been that cold since Christmas Day. This month has
struggled to get above 0C so far.

There's still ice on the canal here in Cheshire although it has almost
gone now.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha