Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Compo in Caithness Compo in Caithness is offline

Default Still missing Geoff Hamilton

On Jan 6, 9:36*pm, Dave Hill wrote:

On 2011-01-06 15:40:36 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

\snip\To spray or not to spray,
that is the question. *;-)
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

The problem with the spray or not spray argument is that the way
things are going there will be nothing left to use as a spray with the
way chemicals etc are being removed from the market.
Soon they will even look at spraying water

I have a serious rootfly problem and used to use Bromophos, despite
being mostly organic in my approach. Bromophos was the only sure way
to protect my plants in the spring. These days I have to cover them
completely with fleece and worry that the weather will either rip the
fleece away or bake the young plants beneath (North of Scotland where
weather is a tad unpredictable). It seems like there is a panel of
'experts' sitting around a table somewhere saying "Ah, that chemical
does exactly what it says on the tin - we'd better ban it before
people start getting benefit from it" :-(