Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default The spring is sprung?

"Joan Edington" wrote in
:

EEk. I've just got back from the shops here having slipped over twice
on the ice. My other half's too stingy to pay for a barber so I have
to cut his hair. I save it all in bags and put it out for the nesting
birds in the Spring. Too early for that here by far.

Joan

Frugal is a much nicer word.:-)
I used to pay 10 quid every 6 weeks or so to get my hair cut and had to
wait in a queue, always on a Saturday morning because I worked all the rest
of the week. What a waste of that part of my life. Bought electric clipper
to do it at home and it's one of the best investements ever made. OK, I
look a bit of a bugger but I always did after leaving the barbers shop
anyway, but now I'm a bit better off financially and don't hear the words
'anything for the weekend, sir?' or 'going to the match today, sir?'.
Always wanted to say f*** off after I leave your bloody shop there will not
be any effing time left.

Been on my arse more times this year, quite embarrasing sometimes int it.

Take care
Baz