Old 08-01-2011, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default The spring is sprung?

On 2011-01-06 18:45:02 +0000, Dave Hill
said:

When we had the "Big Thaw" and the temp went up to 50f here outside
Swansea the birds were singing their heads off but the last few days
they have calmed down, and I thought that they had realised the error
of their ways, but today comming away from Tesco I was stoped at
trafic lights and looked at a hedge at the side of House by the road,
I thought that the mass of twigs looked strange, then a Magpie flew
in with yet another twig and inserted it, fussed around with some of
the twigs before flying off for more, so thats one bird well into
nest building.
Does it know something we don't?
David

Haven't seen any nest-building but two pigeons seemed to be doing a
'trial mating' the other day! Ray just watched some lunchtime telly
and says there's thick snow in Ediurgh. I really do hope it doesn't
come this way!

Fingers crossed.
Lets hope we have had the worst of it now.
Talking of trial mating, now wheres the missus......Oh headache:-(

Baz