Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Jimmy's food factory

In message
,
Dave Hill writes
I don't know if anyone watched this last night, he visited a
Raspberrie grower who was growing in tunnels, all the plants were
growing in what looked to be large bucket size pots, I presume this
stops the plants suckering all over the place.

I tried growing raspberries

1) in sunken pots. This doesn't stop them suckering.
2) in standing pots. This requires too much time to be spent on feeding
and watering (and when I don't do I get a poor crop).

Presumably this grower has a system for feeding and watering.

For pest control he went through quite quickly with a hot air blower
blasting out air at 100c through the plants,
Interesting.
David Hill

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley