Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Managed to dig today.

Bob Hobden wrote:
Sprouts and Savoys are fine as is the Kale but the winter cabbages bolted,
every one of them, and the spring cabbages don't look too promising but may
pick up if it gets a bit warmer.

I went to see the kale this afternoon, and although the red russian was kind
of ok (although there's not much of it - not sure if it got pigeoned or if
it just gave up), the green was very very unhappy.

It's our Garlic I'm concerned about, it just didn't start growing as it
usually does. Planted as usual and it normally grows to about 9 inches to a
foot tall and overwinters but this year some aren't even showing now and the
tallest is only a couple of inches. Very strange.

We just bought a load of garlic at quarter price in the sale, so going to
try and get that in soon. And some more onions. Had some good onions last
year - probably our best year for them so far - but did really badly getting
4 identical ones for showing! Lots of groups of 3!