Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post

Tbh, other than the tomatoes I don't really get the difference. I'm
terrible for that, really. Oh, and the strawberries. But it's the
convenient of being able to nip out and pick soemthing and not have to go to
the supermarket all the time - the local shop is a co-op but they dont' tend
to stock all that much.
.
Purple sprouting is brilliant, tastes very different to anything you can buy. And radishes.

But fruit growing is more forgiving, especially things like apples where you have quite a good window for picking, especially the later ripening varieties.