Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Jimmy's food factory

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Dave Hill writes

For pest control he went through quite quickly with a hot air blower
blasting out air at 100c through the plants,
Interesting.
David Hill

I find it amazing that plants can withstand that blast and yet the pests
were presumably blown away. I enjoyed it more when they said that they
didn't know how it worked so i wonder who had the bright idea in the
first place?

So next time your house plants have aphids it will be out with the
hair dryer.

I think it not only blew them away, they suggested the sudden blast of
heat killed the pests. As long as it's not a special plant it might be
worth a try, especially for those difficult to get rid of greenhouse
whitefly. Mind you it will just be more confirmation to the neighbours if
they see me with a hairdryer marching towards my greenhouse. :-(

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Why? Are you bald?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive