Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Central Heating failure

In message , Martin
writes

On 2011-01-08 17:16:46 +0000, Martin said:

On 8 Jan 2011 16:58:51 GMT, wrote:

Martin wrote:
That'll be me in a year or two, I guess Nick is absolutely determined he
needs to have a boat within the next year. :-(
It is probably better & cheaper to charter than to own a boat.
I have owned boats most of my life and still do own one.

I have repeatedly suggested to Nick that he doesn't want to buy a boat, he
should just hire one when he wants one. He seems to think that
this is much
too expensive. Ho hum.

One big advantage of chartering is that you can pick places with a
nice climate
and ***you*** don't have to spend winters scraping boat bottoms.
Unless ***you*** want to spend every weekend afloat don't buy.

Nor do you have to pay mooring fees for the 48 weeks in the year when
you can't use the blasted thing!

That too!

and if something brakes, it's not your problem.

Only if you run into the back of it.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha