Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Managed to dig today.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:00:11 GMT, Baz wrote:

Jake wrote in
:

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 13:15:12 GMT, Baz wrote:

Went out this morning as it is the only dry ...snipped ...

Soon be time to start sowing and planting again in this lucky dip we
call gardening.
Baz

Yep. Tiz that time of year. Though this year, I won't be growing any
veg - just fruit (apples, pears, strawberries, raspberries and
tomatoes). The veg patch is destined for a building project. A friend
who was made redundant a couple of years ago (then 62) got an
allotment last year and I'm going to get all the veg I need from him,
probably in return for assistance with digging and wotnot.

Bet you start again and somehow make room.

I think it'll turn into a joint allotment so probably no veg patch at
home. My main job is going to be persuading the OH to let me remove
two over-large and mainly dead conifers. They were originally little
dwarf things about 6 inches tall that cost 25p each some 30 years ago.
They're now about 20 feet tall and last year I had to reroute the
garden path around them as removal of the trees would have started a
local war! The only green on them is the tips of the branches.

more snips

The only other thing to report is a couple of amorous frogs in the
pond - a bit early for it I thought but clearly the one underneath was
being pushed around by the one on top and enjoying the experience.
Lots of late frog spawn last year put paid to a clearout of the pond
which I've really got to do now so come what may there'll be a
reduction in water level and temporary removal of all the planting in
the next few weeks.

So in oter words they were having a jump.

No oters here - only frogs which appeared to be swimming around
rather than jumping. Though I've seen them jump on the lawn
occasionally. (joking !!!!!)

Jake