Old 10-01-2011, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Jimmy's food factory

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
So next time your house plants have aphids it will be out with the
hair dryer.

I think it not only blew them away, they suggested the sudden blast of
heat killed the pests. As long as it's not a special plant it might be
worth a try, especially for those difficult to get rid of greenhouse
whitefly. Mind you it will just be more confirmation to the neighbours
if they see me with a hairdryer marching towards my greenhouse. :-(

--

I've got a hot air gun I use for thermographing so maybe i can use that?
Now that does get a bit warm.