Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Frustrated rookies like me.

harry wrote in
:

Gardening is a science. There's no such thing as "green fingers". You
need to go out and buy yourself/borrow from library a good book.
There's plenty of people here will advise you which one. Anything not
in the book someone here will help you out.

I started on my father's/grandfather's allotment when was about three
and I tend to take a lot for granted but it's a lot to try and get
your head round at once. One good bit of advice is to see what's
going on next door and pick local brains. Go for the easy stuff
first, don't get too ambitious right away.
It's easy to be discouraged by failure so the best thing is not to
fail. ;-)

Reading a book is not for me ATM., But trying hard.
Baz