Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Bugbear

Default cloudy planted tank

The tank is still cloudy. Here are the specs

pH 7.2
kh 20 dkh
gh 16 dh
p 0
ammonia 0
nitrites ~.15 if that

Haven't had a chance to check the CO2 reactor as mentioned earlier.
Will give this a shot. Its looking as if its an algae bloom.
Overfeeding is not an issue. Not a lot of mulm in available areas.
Fertilize ~8 cc daily, 210w cf, ~11.5 hrs of light daily, 20-50% water
changes weekly. Am still baffled at the cause. Have some string
algae growing and the SAE dont touch it (worthless things) and there
true SAE. Anyway, what's everyones thoughts on this. Plants are
doing just fine. Have thought about reducing fertilizer amount and
light lvls or one of the two.

"J. Toonen" wrote in message ...
Hi,

as one of the other posting sais, I think it's bacteria'bloom'; cloudiness
in this case should look a bit 'silvery'. It should disappear/decrease
within about 24-48hrs. Best thing to do is to let it rest, but keep an eye
on O2/CO2!
If this is not the case, better check your whole chemical scenario and post
it again.

Jos.

"Bugbear" schreef in bericht
m...
Need some feedback on possible causes and solutions to my 75g tank.
The tank is already established. Before this the tank had really
clear water. Filter is clean as well or as clean as I guess a
canister filter can get.