Old 11-01-2011, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cyclamen silver mixed

In article ,
Compo in Caithness wrote:

Thanks Nick. The plants came from Homebase so they were not labelled
properly - 'Cyclamen silver mixed' does not really tell me much. I
have done a bit of looking about and I think they are Cyclamen coum
silver and if this is the case then from the information in your post
I reckon they'll do just fine in my alpine section of the polytunnel
(Far north of Scotland).

Should do. Cambridge isn't as cold as Caithness, but mine have thrived
for several decades at least, and there have been some pretty bitter
frosts in that time. When I moved in, there were a few plants under
a conifer; I encouraged them and, when we removed the conifer, I put
them under the eaves (facing north-east). They have naturalised into
a carpet!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.